ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES, COLLEGE AND GRADUATE STUDENTS:
The ADL Mountain States Region’s Internship Program provides professional development training for college and graduate school students seeking real-life experience in the non-profit sector. ADL internships are now paid positions. Under certain circumstances and in cooperation with the intern’s academic institution, interns have the opportunity to receive college credit and/or community service credit.
ADL is the world’s leading anti-hate organization. Founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of antisemitism and bigotry, its timeless mission is to protect the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment for all. Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of hate with the same vigor and passion. A global leader in exposing extremism, delivering anti-bias education, and fighting hate online, ADL is the first call when acts of antisemitism occur. ADL’s ultimate goal is a world in which no group or individual suffers from bias, discrimination or hate.
The ADL Mountain States regional office, overseen by Regional Director Scott Levin, serves Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming with anti-bias education programs, advocacy work, and interfaith/intergroup initiatives. The hiring manager and supervisor for the regional internship program is Sue Parker Gerson, Senior Associate Regional Director.
Now accepting applications for the following positions:
Regional Operations Intern: Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with the logistics and coordination of regional cultivation and fundraising events including conducting venue research, reviewing invitation lists, tracking supporters and sponsors, and following up with vendors
- Creating newsletters, e-blasts, website updates and other digital content
- Conducting internet research on peer organizations and prospective corporate/foundation donors
- Assisting with the organization and updating of event files and donor lists (offline and in Microsoft Word and Excel)
Regional Operations Internship:
- Shadow the respective manager and designated colleague(s) to gain a real-world work experience and a greater understanding of ADL’s work related to combating antisemitism, building interfaith partnerships and various initiatives with members of the law enforcement community and elected officials
- Read print and electronic media outlets connected to ADL’s mission
- Under direct supervision, conduct research, prepare memos and letters and draft meeting minutes in order to gain experience in the implementation of community service work
- Participate in special projects in the fields of civil rights, international affairs, education and management
- Create and manage contact information lists
- Assist with processing expense reports and managing grants
- Assist with creating and compiling materials for programs, events, and presentations
- High school graduates and students enrolled in or graduates of undergraduate or graduate degree programs
- Passionate about ADL’s mission
- Available to work approximately 25 hours/week (summer) or 10-15 hours/week (academic year) with flexible hours
- Volunteer/community service experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Research and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills including writing and research
- Quick learner, demonstrates initiative, team player
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to complete advanced formatting, layout, and mail merge tasks
- Ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data in Excel
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment e.g. fax machine, phones and photocopier
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work remotely
Preferred but not required
- Previous internship experience
- Leadership role at university club/group
Monetary compensation for the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 internship is $15/hour for 10 hours per week. The duration of each internship is a maximum of 15 weeks.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for ADL Mountain States Region’s Internship Program, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and note INTERNSHIP in the subject line.
Please make sure you include the following information in your cover letter:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Home address
Why you are interested in this opportunity (250 words or less)
Don’t forget to attach your resume!